Staging Your Home To Sell is More Important Than Ever in a Difficult Market……
Top Dollar Demands Top Repair
Don’t let repairs stand between you & and the offer you want. You can offer a repair allowance, BUT you’ll never know about the offer that didn’t happen because the repairs looked like too much work for the buyer.
If you find a buyer that’s willing to do the work, 9 times out of 10, they will over compensate with a low offer.
It will likely cost you less to do the repairs yourself than the concession you will have to make.
In general, basic maintenance expenses are a “Low Cost / High Gain” proposition. Fixing a dripping faucet may be as easy as replacing a washer. However, to the Buyer, that minor drip may equate to a major plumbing problem in their mind.
Buyers just won’t pay top dollar for a house with a leaky roof, malfunctioning furnace or faulty plumbing. While these issues may have big price tags, doing the repair will keep your home in the top price range.
Some Repair Basics-
- Replace any cracked or broken glass
- Recaulk where needed, around tub & showers, are most common areas
- Doors & windows should open & close easily
- All shades, blinds, and shutters should be working
- Patch & paint any cracks or nail holes in the walls
- Replace any missing or cracked tile, regrout if needed
- If carpet cannot be cleaned satisfactorily, replace with new
- Refinish hard flooring that shows marks or wear
- Replace missing or tighten any loose doorknobs and cabinet pulls
- Oil squeaky hinges.
We’re here to help, if you’re thinking about selling your home in the Desert – give us a call, we’ll be happy to review buyer preferences and current trends in the market. See more information at DesertAreaHomeFinder.com Cathi & Ben Walter 760.218.5752