Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Indian Wells – “An Exceptional Lifestyle”
Indian Wells picturesque Santa Rosa Mountains stand guard over the affluent homes and communities of Indian Wells; home to some of the best-known destination resorts and the country club’s in the world.
The city of Indian Wells is the proud host each year to the Indian Wells Masters Tennis Series, formerly known as The Pacific Life Open, now ‘The BNP Paribas Open’ Tennis Tournament – played at The Indian Wells Tennis Garden, a 16,000-seat structure built to accommodate the growing demands of the Tennis Series as well as a variety of concerts, sporting events, art shows and special events throughout the year.
Indian Wells is home to six Exclusive Private Golf Clubs and two Championship Public Courses at the newly completed Indian Wells Resort.
Search All Indian Wells Homes For Sale
The dramatic architecture and 2 story shear waterfall at the entrance of the IW Club set the stage for the Lifestyle that is unique to Indian Wells. Residents enjoy exclusive benefits including “pay as you play” golf at the resort at a reduced rate and resident discounts at local restaurants. The IW Club is the place residents and visitors alike gather for lunch after a round of golf, enjoy a Sunday afternoon football game in the pub, or an evening of fine dining in the formal dining room.
Indian Wells claims the highest proportion of millionaires of any city in the United States. The snowbirds, as they are affectionately named, arrive each year for “The Season” to enjoy the Desert Lifestyle and exceptional weather that is unique to Indian Wells and the desert communities.
Fast Facts – The Demographics of Indian Wells
- Incorporated: 1967
- Area: 15.04 square miles
- Elevation: 89′ above sea level
- Taxable Sales: $105.8 million
- Full Time Residents: 5,025
- Seasonal Residents: 5,500
- Average Age: 63.4
- Median Household Income: $147,935
- Average Income per Capita: $76,187
- Average Days of Sunshine: 354 per year
- Average Temperature: 89
- Average Rainfall: 3.15″ per year
- Mayor: Ty Peabody
- Mayor Pro Tem: Dana Reed
- Council Member: Richard Balocco
- Council Member: Kimberly Muzik
- Council Member: Ted Mertens
- CA Governor, Gavin Newsom
- U.S. Senator, Kamala Harris
- U.S. Senator, Diane Feinstein
- 50th District, Vacant
- 36th District, Representative Raul Ruiz