Add a Hammock!
42 Home Staging Tips to Get Your Home Sold
When it comes to staging your home to sell, there are many subtle ways you can tell your potential home buyer, “This is the right home for you!”, and they don’t necessarily have to be expensive.
Easy Tips for Staging Your Home to Sell
- Swap dim lights for high wattage light bulbs.
- Keep closets, drawers and cabinets as empty as possible to maximize the appearance of space.
- Have a dark corner or hallway? Brighten it with a decorative mirror.
- Make sure every switch plate and outlet cover matches and looks brand new.
- Create a luxury spa look in the Bathrooms with elegant soap dispensers, fluffy white towels, decorative baskets, candles, plants, a white shower curtain an new bath mat.
- Let buyers entertain the idea of….. entertaining, use chic place settings around the table, and a few wine glasses and decanter on the buffet. Strike a balance between overly formal and too casual with an attractive runner and a few fun, decorative elements — think small floral vases or short candle holders.
- Go gender neutral in the Master Bedroom, ditch the dainty floral pillow shams or Sports Memorabilia. The Master Bedroom should appeal to both sexes, create a sense of calm and relaxation.
- When placing anything from accent pillows and table lamps, go for symmetry, which is pleasing to the eye.
- Whatever amount of furniture you have in your living room, remove a few pieces to make the room feel more spacious.
- Help buyers imagine their life in your home. Add a hammock to the backyard to show how fun the lifestyle is in this house. Add a bunch of pink flamingos floats in the pool with beach towels and a lemonade station on the patio table near by.
- Let a slideshow of beautiful images play on your television like a screensaver.
- Arrange furniture in conversational groups to imply this is a space for people to come together.
Want more great tips on the best way to stage your home to sell for top dollar? Get our free guide with all 42 tips to staging your home to sell, send me an email and I’ll send it right over!