Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Palm Desert -“The Heart of the Coachella Valley”
Palm Desert Community Information: Palm Desert a progressive city with an eye on the future – this picturesque desert community has a Dynamic, Big City Vibe; with Exclusive Country Clubs, Fine Dining, Art Galleries, Live Theater, World Class Championship Golf and home to the valleys only zoo, The Living Desert, which combines an indigenous zoo with an authentic arboretum. El Paseo is the “Rodeo Drive of the Desert” with world class shopping including designer boutique’s, art galleries and fine dining.
With over 25 Golf communities both public and private including the city’s best, Desert Willow, includes two Championship courses.
Search All Palm Desert Homes for Sale
Palm Desert also provides many educational opportunities through College of the Desert, a Community College, and the combined campus of higher learning, The University of California Riverside and California State University San Bernardino.
“Art in Public Places” is a city program which displays more than 150 works of art throughout the City, creating a museum without walls for all to enjoy.
- Fast Facts
Fast Facts – The Demographics of Palm Desert
- Incorporated: 1973
- Area: 26 square miles
- Full Time Residents: 50,907
- Seasonal Residents: 32,000
- Elevation: 243 ft above sea level
- Taxable Retail Sales in ’07: $1.6 billion
- Average Age: 48
- Median Household Income: $87,546
- Income per capita: $42,339
- Average Days of Sunshine per year: 350 days
- Mean Temperature: 73 degrees
- Average Rainfall: 3″ per year
- Mayor: Robert Spiegel
- Mayor Pro Tem: Jan Harnik
- Council Member: Sabby Jonathan
- Council Member: Van Tanner
- Council Member: Susan Marie Weber
73-510 Fred Waring Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Chamber of Commerce
72559 Highway 111
Palm Desert, CA 92260
- 37th Senate District, Senator John Moorlach
- 45th Congressional District, Congresswoman Mimi Walters
- 64th Assembly District, Assemblyman Mike Gipson
Palm Desert is the Heart of the Valley for Business, Entertainment and provides the Ultimate Resort Lifestyle, whether you’re looking for an exclusive golf resort or investment property for income potential. Palm Desert is one of the cities we recommend researching when looking for a home in the desert.