Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
La Quinta, “The Gem of the Desert” – Art, Culture, and Lifestyle…
La Quinta is Home to the Nationally acclaimed La Quinta Art Festival – celebrated by artisits and patrons alike as one of the best art festivals in the country.
The City is a blend of beauty, charm, and opportunity; named by the Robb Report as the “Best Place to Live for Golf”, with over 20 exceptional golf courses.
Notably, The SilverRock Resort Classic Course, designed by Arnold Palmer, is the newest addition to the Coachella Valley’s city resident golf program, open to the public and available at discounted rates for residents of La Quinta.
The historic La Quinta Resort is host to and loved by our international visitors and includes old world charm with fine dining, luxury spa and fitness facility and championship golf.
Old Town La Quinta and the bustling Highway 111 corridor is a perfect blend of small town charm with state of the art shopping, dining and entertainment. The city of La Quinta has enjoyed an explosion of growth over the last decade and is a one of the cities we recommend including in your research for your next home in the desert.
The name La Quinta came from early settler’s traveling across country; traveling by horseback or covered wagon, they would stop every 5 days at designated areas along the way. The stop here was referred to as La Quinta, as it was the fifth stop of the journey from Los Angeles – quinta meaning fifth.
Search All La Quinta Homes For Sale
Fast Facts – The Demographics of La Quinta:
- Incorporated: 1982
- Full Time Residents: 44,421
- Seasonal Residents: 17,645
- Retail Sales Revenues: $815 million
- Average Age: 36.4
- Median Household Income: $76,227
- Average Income per Capita: $19,678
- Median Home Price (New & Resale): $340,000
- Average Days of Sunshine: 350
- Median Temperature: 82 degrees
- Average Rainfall: 3.34″ per
- Mayor 2014- present: Linda Evans
- Mayor Pro Tem: Kathleen Fitzpatrick
- John Pena
- Robert Radi
- Steve Sanchez
78-495 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, CA 92253
Chamber of Commerce
78-275 Calle Tampico
La Quinta, CA 92253
- 28th State Senate District, Senator Jeff Stone
- 36th Congressional District, Congressman Raul Ruiz
- 42nd Assembly District, Assemblyman Chad Mayes
La Quinta is among one of the fastest growing cities in the valley with many exclusive resort and golf communities, equestrian estate properties and gated communities in all price ranges. La Quinta is one of the city’s we recommend researching when looking for a home in the desert.